Personal statement-BBA programme kindly review

Greetings from your new member:p, this is my Personal statement to UNMC. Your thoughts and input are much appreciated.(English isn't my native language so kindly help me to orgranize it properly).

WHY BUSINESS?

The employment statistics for business studies students have always been strong, especially for students like me who can think out of box and are open to new idea or business concepts/strategies. For me personally its main attraction is my belief that it will prepare me for a bright career not just a job. In my humble opinion, Business studies will also allow me to enhance my personality and broaden my mental horizon.

Apart from the splendid career opportunities and prospects what are my other reasons for choosing this subject? The simple answer is that I enjoy it. I really do look forward to learn those skills that will not only prepare me for everyday problem solving in a business environment but that I can use in my personal life. Business is the way of the world and everybody is involved in business activities like shopping, buying, selling, discounts etc, someway every day. I am a forward thinking individual who is willing, ready and able to do whatever it takes to be a successful businessman. I am also an open-minded individual who has drive, ability and ambition, all of which are traits for effective and efficient business. Furthermore, my father is a businessman an importer, exporter and clearing agent to be precise; Whilst only 20years of age I have at least Six years experience in business field (import and export or trading particularly),in one form or another having shadowed my father on many visits to his offices and business deals on various occasions. Also, I possess strong interpersonal skills, am able to work Individually, or as part of a group and have excellent organizational skills that I have learned through my academic and work experience (at my father’s business) . My personal favorite skill is that “I never give up” and also able to outperform any difficulty and cope with stressful situations on hand.

At present I am studying BBA at AIR UNIVERSITY –ISLAMABAD CAMPUS and what I have noticed so far about myself is that the more I have studied, the more my interest has grown in this particular field. Over the last academic year, I have discovered that life standards can only be improved by planning, leading, organizing and controlling or simply through management process. In addition, studying business has also enabled me to develop commendable skills like objectivity, accuracy, problem solving, decision-making, skepticism and open-mindedness, which have helped me a lot to overcome numerous nerve-wracking situations.

WHY THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM, MALAYSIA CAMPUS?

The University of Nottingham, Malaysia campus has an international reputation for its world class teaching facility and highest levels of education excellence. This university enjoys the top spot not only in teaching but also in research across the full range of academic discipline thus making it one of the first choices for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students’ worldwide. I would like to study at your university primarily because of its wide range of courses, the location of campus, its excellent modern facilities and its world class reputation. Moreover, I feel it has a strong international focus and developed perspective to business. Your institution is highly respected, and the business degree courses you run are relevant to today’s business. What I also like about your university is that the freedom given to students to select subjects they are interested in from the respective programmes. Most importantly, it has a really friendly international learning environment that fully prepares its students for the national and international stage.

WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?

Upon completion of my degree, I would like to work for a reputed international organization in order to gain invaluable practical experience of how business theories work in practice. Once I have gained sufficient practical experience, I would like to undertake an MBA at your university (either here in Malaysia campus or UK campus). I believe that this degree would further deepen my theoretical and academic understanding of business and business within an international global environment. I also plan to enhance my father’s business and take it to a whole new level. I aim to put as much as I could into the course and I very much hope that you will look favorably upon my application.

Edited by newbie007