CIHR DRA 2013 Competition

Mike Slackenerny

I tried calling, got an answering machine.  I assume many people are trying to call. 

If its not up in the next 20 minutes I am not sure it will come up at all today.  Most government jobs end at 4:30 pm, not 5

Maybe they have it timed to automatically release after their work day is done so they won't be around to answer the phones after the results are up.

My first year masters I didn't get OGS, but I got CIHR.  I think they have different criteria?  From the numbers, it also appears that way fewer people apply to the masters funding and more get funded.  Go figure.

Oh wow, that seems late to have it due. Mine was due Feb. 15th. At least you still have the potential of that if you're unlucky with CIHR...if we ever find out that is...

My first year masters I didn't get OGS, but I got CIHR.  I think they have different criteria?  From the numbers, it also appears that way fewer people apply to the masters funding and more get funded.  Go figure.

I'm curious about how many people apply for CIHR master's award. I know that the pool is about 6x smaller at the federal level compared to the doctoral award, but that's only because the departments and the schools do preliminary screenings first. 

Edited by poorgrad

I think the year I got it (2010) there was 628 people that applied and 483 got funded.  So your chances were much, much higher.  I was 2 years out of my undergrad so I didn't have to apply through a school.

I think we also have to remember some of those 1000 applications to CIHR DRA are utter garbage and have no chance of being funded.  The people on here are most likely not the ones with margins that are too small, or missing parts of the application etc. I was ranked 340 last year and had one reviewer completely misread my supervisors CV (they said she had supervised 10 students in the past 10 years and it was more like 38 and completely missed the part about her being a senior CIHR chair...).  So there is hope!

I think the year I got it (2010) there was 628 people that applied and 483 got funded.  So your chances were much, much higher.  I was 2 years out of my undergrad so I didn't have to apply through a school.

I think we also have to remember some of those 1000 applications to CIHR DRA are utter garbage and have no chance of being funded.  The people on here are most likely not the ones with margins that are too small, or missing parts of the application etc. I was ranked 340 last year and had one reviewer completely misread my supervisors CV (they said she had supervised 10 students in the past 10 years and it was more like 38 and completely missed the part about her being a senior CIHR chair...).  So there is hope!

That's good to know, maybe we have a chance!

I haven't received a notification, and there is no change to my Researchnet account.  I wonder if everything is released at the same time - this is sending me over the edge.