Manchu

esgalerin

Harvard has an option to specialize in Manchu in its East Asian Languages and Civilizations program! My dream has been to study Manchu. Seeing as it's not exactly a common topic of study, I thought I was going to have to work my way towards it slowly by specializing in historical Chinese linguistics. Now I HAVE to go to Harvard for PhD!

I just thought I'd share my excitement here (because nobody else understands!). :)

Though this may be a good time to ask: anyone know if there any other schools that teach Manchu that have been hiding from me?

edit: Never mind, I may have gotten a little bit ahead of myself, and it's not really a full specialization. BUT they do teach Manchu in alternate years!

Edited by esgalerin

It looks like Indiana teaches it periodically, as well. I wonder if they might run SWSEEL for it occasionally? That's their summer intensive language studies program. Manchu isn't listed for this year, but the offerings change from year to year.