2012 FALL, florida state university

connielj

Is there anyone (applying for PHD 2012 FaLL) who has not yet heard anything from florida state university, no emails, no mails, no calls? I still donot know the result, with no rejections and admissions. Is the processing of admissions for 2012 FALL closed? FSU, do you really need such a long time to deny my applicaiton?

You still haven't heard back yet?

I am current undergraduate student at FSU, so technically I haven't really heard back. However, I have several friends who have applied to various FSU graduate programs, so I have some understanding of this year's notices. For one, I have a friend who was accepted into FSU's History program Fall 2012. The notifications were sent out somewhere around late March/early April. End of April funding announcements were sent out as well. At least for the History program. As for other graduate programs, I know the law school sent out notification around mid March and Psychology programs sent theirs out early March.

So I have no clue what's going on for you, but I would suggest calling up the graduate office for your specific program and talk to them. They'll be able to at least let you know if you've somehow missed your letter or if they are really late sending out notices. /:

Good luck though. (;

Is there anyone (applying for PHD 2012 FaLL) who has not yet heard anything from florida state university, no emails, no mails, no calls? I still donot know the result, with no rejections and admissions. Is the processing of admissions for 2012 FALL closed? FSU, do you really need such a long time to deny my applicaiton?

Right there with you. Although at this point, I can only assume that it must be rejection. If they wanted us, they'd surely have said so by now. I mean, seriously. It may be worth an email, but if they can't even notify us in anything resembling a timely manner, do you really want to go?

Well, I would definitely give the office a call. Most, at least in my department, graduate advisers are pretty nice, if you are politely expressing your concerns. (;

I actually gave in to the crazy and dropped an email. Seems there was a change in the online application which may be causing widespread problems. So definitely worth sending an email, if for no other reason than letting them know that their shit isn't performing as advertised. Also, it's strangely gratifying to get a profoundly embarrassed apology with the much delayed rejection.

But maybe that's just me.