how to compute major GPA?

some schools are asking for major GPA on the application. is this just upper division courses that i've taken for my major or all the courses (including lower division) that i took for my major? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure you will include an unofficial/official transcript together with the application. So yes, all the courses related to your major from lower to upper division. Does your school website auto generates an audit report based on your current student record on file? You can try this:

(I) For every course, multiply the credit hours and credit points (see below). Sum all of them up. This is your total GPA points.

A+ = 4.00 A = 4.00 A- = 3.67 B+ = 3.33 B = 3.00 B- = 2.67 C+ = 2.33 C = 2.00 C- = 1.67 D+ = 1.33 D = 1.00 D- = 0.67 F = 0 FN=0 FW = 0

(II) Total up the number of credit hours you have. Divide the total GPA points with total number of credit hours. The resulting number is your GPA for your major.

Hope that helps! :D