Master of Engineering and Management

dxc297

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get some feedback as I decide whether or not its worth it to apply to a certain number of schools' Master of Engineering and Management program/Master of Engineering program: Duke MEM, Dartmouth MEM, John Hopkins Master of Science in Engineering Management and Cornell Master of Engineering.

First off, statistics;

GRE: Quant: 161 Verbal: 155

GPA: 3.4/4

Major: Biomedical Engineering

University: Case Western Reserve University

Work Experience: 8 month co-op at Philips Healthcare.

LOR: 1 from professor I did research with last summer (affiliations with Duke)

1 professor who is my advisor and I will also be a teaching assistant for one of the courses he teaches.

1 from my manager at Philips during my 8 month co-op.

Research: Summer research assistant involving cardiac MRI and contrast agents with professor mentioned above.

Cardovascular research assistant for 8 months at Case Western Reserve School of Medicine.

Extracurricular: Biomedical Engineering Society Case Western Reserve University Chapter, Chair of Philanthropy and Chair of Industrial Relations, College Fellowships, Peer Tutor, Teaching Assistant for Biophysics course.

SOP: I would assume relatively strong, nothing extroadinary, but it shouldn't cause a problem. Sorry, this is vague, but I have not written it yet.

NOTE: I've already been accepted into the Case Western MEM program.

If there is anything that would help you in answering, let me know. I'm new to the forums, so if I do not abide by certain specific guidelines, I apologize in advance. Thanks!

I think it is worth applying to the other schools as well as I believe their job placement would be better. GRE is fine, GPA as well, I would focus more on leadership rec letters. You don't apply for a phd but for a professional mangement program. Research does not make your app any stronger. Your SOP should state clearly why you need manangent skills for your future career (consulting, banking are typical careers of MEM candidates)

Thanks you your input! Just to clarify:

What other schools would have a better job placement? Is there a bad reputation with these schools in that department?

• 9 months later...