Lab rotations in psychology

naizan

I know that psychology programs don't usually offer the opportunity to do lab rotations: you enter the program with the intention to work with a particular faculty member. But I would like to be able to try working with multiple researchers before committing myself to a particular lab. So, although my true object of love is psychology, I'm thinking of mostly applying to neuroscience programs, since they do have lab rotations (I have a background in cog-neuro). I've decided that for me, flexibility trumps many other factors.

Here's my question: Do you guys know if there are any psychology programs out there that encourage entering grad students do lab rotations before formally choosing an advisor?

Thanks.

There is nothing formal set up, but in my program students are encouraged to work with multiple faculty members and are often admitted under two co-supervisors.

At the school I'm attending, the Neuro program allows for lab rotations in psychology. I'm in behavioral neuro (so in the psych department), but about 1/3 to 1/2 of the students I met when I interviewed were actually with the neuro program

In case anyone is interested in this topic, I've found out that the University of Oregon psychology program allows students to do lab rotations as a substitution for their first-year projects. You can see the details on the graduate student handbook available at the program's website. Lewin and 3point14: thanks for messaging me your affiliations.