US degree, 3.79GPA,950GRE,Patent,Work Experience, What are my chances?

wtirado

My profile...

Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering degree

3.79GPA

GRE: 950

Patent pending (approval in a month)

Scholarships from: The Boeing Company; NACME; Rackspace; Morris R Pitman; W.S Robinson

Honor Society's: Tau Beta Pi; Eta Kappa Nu; Golden Key;Omicron Delta Kappa; Alpha Chi; IEEE member

Experience: 1 year communication engineer intern for a local utility company, 1+ year as a Controls Engineer for an Automation Company

I have applied to the Graduate of Electrical Engineering programs for the following universities.

Ohio State University (did not include GRE)

Arizona State University

Penn State

University of illinois- Chicago (did not include GRE)

Texas a&m

University of Florida

University of Maryland

I am concerned that my GRE is too low for these universities to accept me. Do you think I have a chance of getting in to any of these?

Do you know anyone who has been accepted to good schools with low GRE's?

Your profile looks great but I bet at least some schools will have (official or unofficial) cutoffs and you won't meet them. In that case, no one will ever see your file so all your credentials won't matter. If you can afford it, you should retake the GRE.

Sorry I did not respond sooner, since I am a new memeber I am only allowed one post per day.

The Fez: My math score was a 610

Fuzzylogician: I took it twice. First time I did not study and got a 950. The second time I studied three months an hour a day in advanced and learn over 1000 Vocabulary words and I still received a 950. Standardized tests are not for me.

I am hoping that I do get accepted somewhere because I would really like to go back to school. Thank you guys for your advice!!