MIT Rejections

slothy

I'm really curious who the others folks that posted rejections from MIT Economic Sociology (or Org Studies) are, since it's targeted towards such a small niche in the discipline. I was under the impression that there's no other econ soc/labor/work people on this board, was I mistaken?

Certainly you are! I didn't apply to MIT, because their program is more focused on the organizational side of the thing, to which I happen to not be very thrilled, but I'm certainly an econ. soc/labor/work guy. And I have proudly been so for three years now!

That was, of course, why I wanted so badly to get into Cornell...

But then, I couldn't stand the competition... (let me add: no offences! Those who got in really deserve it!).

sloan has already sent out 2 rounds of rejections, so if you're still to hear frmo them, you're probably waitlisted. There was a 17th feb acceptance though, on GC. Any other acceptances out there ?

and yes the program is very niche - but no, it's not as org focused as it was a year or two ago - lots of people doing other fancy things there, on the micro/interaction side of economic sociology as well