Teaching Greek in High School or Community College

alikay

I found this site when I googled "teaching Greek in high school."

I saw someone's post about finding a position where they could teach Greek. I am retired, half way through an education doctorate and currently teaching students with disabilities. I have found my skills in ancient and Koine Greek were of high interest to my high school students. I obtained the equivalent of a classics major in Greek (only some Latin) and have studied under a Greek tutor in Athens where I read Plato, Herodotus and Homer.

I am amazed at how much better my students can do with English once they have been exposed to a foreign language. The non-Latin letters have intrugued them like a fun mystery. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how and where to present Greek to students? I am not looking for a new job, but would be happy to get any feedback on how to present Greek language learning to young people. There are numerous texts out there, but any new ideas would be greatly appreciated. Any sites out there that would enhance learning of teens or new college students in ancient or Koine Greek?