Writer career for application?

I'm South Korean. In S.Korea, if someone wins the annual spring literary contest, the person is authorized as a writer. I'm a prizewinner and published my work.

When I apply for English literature Ph.d program in U.S., is this experience helpful for admission?

Certainly. If I understand your accomplishments correctly, it seems you should be able to include your publication and your award on your CV as two separate items. I would put the publication under the subsection "Publications," though I would note that it was a creative piece (if indeed it was a creative piece). Under another subsection, perhaps called "Honors and Awards," I would note that you won the literary contest (among your other academic accomplishments).

Note that accomplishments in creative writing will have less bearing on your chances of being accepted to literature PhD programs. The PhD is a research degree first and foremost, and as such, creative work will not always attest to one's ability to perform research at the doctoral level. I would include the information nonetheless, because it certainly shows a familiarity with "educational competition," so to speak.

Incidentally, I'm not too sure what you mean by "authorized as a writer." I think adcomms might experience similar confusion were you to use that phrase in an application.

Certainly. If I understand your accomplishments correctly, it seems you should be able to include your publication and your award on your CV as two separate items. I would put the publication under the subsection "Publications," though I would note that it was a creative piece (if indeed it was a creative piece). Under another subsection, perhaps called "Honors and Awards," I would note that you won the literary contest (among your other academic accomplishments).

Note that accomplishments in creative writing will have less bearing on your chances of being accepted to literature PhD programs. The PhD is a research degree first and foremost, and as such, creative work will not always attest to one's ability to perform research at the doctoral level. I would include the information nonetheless, because it certainly shows a familiarity with "educational competition," so to speak.

Incidentally, I'm not too sure what you mean by "authorized as a writer." I think adcomms might experience similar confusion were you to use that phrase in an application.

Thanks for your detailed comment.

S.Korea literary world is very closed society. So one should win the literary contest to be accepted as a writer in S.Korea. In terms of this I used the term, ‘authorized.’

When I apply English Literature Ph.d program I’ll have to appeal my award-winning career according to your advice.

P.S : Your English made me ashamed of my English. I’m strongly feeling that I need to study English very hard. haha.