Can spouse (me) join wife at Koc University in Turkey?

Hi there,

My wife is applying to Koc University's History of Art MA program in Istanbul, Turkey. Would I be able to join her in Istanbul? Are there special visas (partner or spouse) which would allow me to live there as well?

I couldn't find any information on spousal visas or anything else related.

I'm graduating this spring with an MFA in fiction and have three years of teaching experience. Might I be able to work over there, tutoring or otherwise?

Thank you very much for your time and information,

AT

I'd contact the opening poster in this She is the only person I've recently seen on the forum who moved from the US to Turkey. The situation is different since her husband is Turkish, but I suspect she knows more than most others here.

Edited by Usmivka

You could probably also find information either by contacting the university directly or by contacting the Turkish embassy nearest you. A very quick look through the UK Turkish embassy website shows that they have such a thing as a "Spousal visa or partner visa" whose description is "provided to the spouse, civil partner or de facto partner of a resident or Turkish citizen," and is probably what you want to get.