I would to apply for PhD sociology fall 2013 but I have some weakness

sir_count

Hi, I would to apply for PhD Sociology fall 2013 and I'm international student with these :

BA Sociology GPA 2.57 major GPA 2.70

MA Sociology from United Kingdom GPA "C"

Work experience Teacher for social studies in school for 6 years

Head of Dept in Higher court Administration 5 years

3 recommendation letter one from my employer

GRE low score V 320 Q 320

Toefl high score 610

interested research proposal ,I have been contanct many facuties in many grad schools in my topic US and they interested in and encouraged me to apply.

I have semi-scholarship from my govenment and I will be self funded

I'm looking for not top schools

do I have chance to get into grad school with these specifications? ,I plan to apply for 20 grad schools.If I you think there is chance,could you give me suggestions pls

• 2 weeks later...

No one can tell you what your chances are. What is your focus? What are your research interests? A well-developed and thoughtful Statement of Purpose can go a long way.

However, many schools have a minimum GPA requirement. I don't know what scale your GPA is on, but if it is on a 4-point scale, it is weak. Can you explain it? Is the GPA in your major higher? Did you take extraordinarily challenging courses?

In my opinion, you need to retake the GRE.

Tailor every one of your applications to the department you're applying to - don't just send out a blanket application. Research the school and department first, make sure it's a good fit, then make an argument for why they should take you.

No one can tell you what your chances are. What is your focus? What are your research interests? A well-developed and thoughtful Statement of Purpose can go a long way.

However, many schools have a minimum GPA requirement. I don't know what scale your GPA is on, but if it is on a 4-point scale, it is weak. Can you explain it? Is the GPA in your major higher? Did you take extraordinarily challenging courses?

In my opinion, you need to retake the GRE.

Tailor every one of your applications to the department you're applying to - don't just send out a blanket application. Research the school and department first, make sure it's a good fit, then make an argument for why they should take you.

Many thanks for your opinion