Has anyone here taken an OPI?

For several programs I'm applying to, I'm supposed to take an OPI and also the ACTFL writing test. Has anyone done this before? The problem is that I'm living in Europe and don't have an affiliation with a university anymore, so I don't know who I'd ask to proctor the exam. It's just totally frustrating - I don't want to be disqualified from my dream program just because I can't take this test from where I am.

I've taken an OPI both over the phone and in person. It was during my MA program, so I don't know which were "official" and which were for the sake of gauging progress. I think you should be able to do as Stately Plump suggested and contact the director. They might be able to find someone willing to conduct the OPI over the phone (or if you're really lucky, find someone in Europe). Honestly, I don't know how stringent the OPI really is. It's really a rough (emphasized) gauge of your fluency, by asking you questions tangential to current affairs and ultimately calling for you to discuss something of issue in the target language. If the director isn't able to find you anyone, you could also ask if it would be fine for you to take the initiative and take the OPI with a qualified OPI proctor that you've found.