Question about new policy for GRE score reporting

thedeadsea

I took the GRE a few months ago before the announcement that there would be a new policy for score reporting that would let you send scores from specific test dates (rather than the full record of your GRE scores). When I took the test, I sent my scores to a few different schools; however, now that the policy has changed, I'm wishing I could send my scores for just the last test and not include the scores from the test I took almost five years ago (my recent scores are well within the range of the most competitive schools I'm looking at; my older scores, not so much). Is it worth re-sending scores with just the most recent test date selected? Or would those scores just be added to a file that already has my earlier submitted scores that include the older numbers as well?

Anyone have any insights?

This will come down to the individual schools maintaining their own records. I doubt the schools will look much at the older scores, if at all, if they are truly nearly 5 years old. And the scores are one of the least important parts of your app (the way I look at it anyway), they are just a threshold to be passed--after that your letters of recc and publications will matter much more. Assuming you are in a field similar to mine, but that is hard to tell since you don't specify field.