Has anyone heard anything from these guys? I'm just curious -- I've been expecting a rejection since mid-January, when a really rude and pretty transparent email response to one of my questions made it clear that they don't want me in the program. I'd just like to officially get it over with.

I spoke with someone there yesterday and it seems like notification should be very soon, but the guy was brief and I didn't get any more specifics. Some people are more understanding of the impatience of applicants, but if dude's getting tons of calls from people like me, then I don't really get upset if he's not ready to share.

Since when were country music and literature mutually exclusive? I'll read Cash's autobiography before I'll read a good portion of contemporary literature. As for Nashville, I have a distinctly Northern fear of living in the South, but there are a few Southern cities (Austin, Nashville, etc...) that I think I could be happy in. Although, put me in a PhD program with funding and I'll move to Alabama (well, I'd at least consider it).

I posted the waitlist entry on the results page -- got an early morning email yesterday from the DGS informing me I am on the alternate list. Over 500 applications this year. Unfortunately, I don't have any other information and no sense of whether they are done notifying or not. Good luck, everyone!!