Cost of applying

digits2006

Hello!

I am only a junior and wont be applying for PhD Programs til next semester. I was wondering how much has everyone spent on application? I got a grant this semester and want to know about how much do I need to set aside. I want to apply to many PhD programs that fit my interests. Thanks! Good luck everyone on their applications!

There was a poll about this a while ago. As I recall, most of us had spent over $1000.

Application fees are $70-80 on average, so if you apply to 10 schools that's already $750...and then there is the GRE registration cost (or multiple GREs if necessary for your field), score reports, and the cost of mailing out transcripts if your UG school takes money for that...and if you travel to visit your schools later, some may not cover all (or any) of the cost of travel.

Thanks!

I was awarded with a $2,700 grant and I am going to try to get all my hours in of research so i can get the full amount. I was already thinking about setting 1,000 of it aside for grad school applications and wanted to know if that was too much, but i guess that is just right! Thanks!