Application strength?

chemgirl1011

Wondering if I could get some feedback on the strength of my application for the following chemistry/biochemistry programs. I graduated in June from a large research university with the following stats:

GPA: 3.3 (3.5 for upper division courses)

Research: 1.5 years in a protein biochem lab, no publications yet

LORs: 2 strong, not sure about the other

GRE: 162 V (89%) / 160Q (81%) / 5.0

I'm planning on applying to the following:

UCSD (MSc)

UCI - (MSc)

New York University  / NYU (MSc)

Georgetown (MSc)

Washington University in St. Louis /WashU  (PhD)

University of Maryland, College Park / UMD (PhD)

Boston College (PhD)

Brown University (PhD)

Boston University (PhD)

Tulane University (PhD)

I picked the schools not only on rank, but also on research interests and feel that I would be a good fit for the majority of the list. If anyone accepted to/attending these schools has any advice or input as to my chances of acceptance it would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know about that, but I've heard UCSD is ridiculously hard to get in for physical sciences. Their chemistry ranking especially in biochemistry and related fields is ludicrously high. I think even UCLA might be easier.

If only OP was applying couple years ago, then I would say she has an above-average chance for UCSD biochemistry (from the department of chem. & biochem., not from the dept. of biology). But I can't make a better guess now based on the economy + competitiveness of the pool + uncertain 3rd LOR.