Chicago-What's the deal?

schr

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but: I'm still waiting on a decision from Chicago, and I understand that those are due to go out next week by post. I also understand that a bunch of people have already been admitted to the program. So does that mean it's over? This late in the game, is there any chance that my letter won't be a rejection? Or should I pretty much assume that if I haven't heard anything by now, I'm not in?

Not that I'd be that shocked if it's a no, but hope springs eternal. Stupid hope.

You could get the letter I just got via post - being placed on a "short waiting list" due to their budget problems with the option of enrolling in the one-year "MAPSS" degree with a fractional scholarship (mine was 2/3 tuition - $27k out of 40 - the difference is still more than twice what I paid for undergrad). Even though I have offers that are obstensibly far better, something about Chicago really appeals to me and I'm thinking about at least going to the weekend for MAPSS (not clear if they're paying for travel).

being placed on a "short waiting list" due to their budget problems with the option of enrolling in the one-year "MAPSS" degree with a fractional scholarship (mine was 2/3 tuition - $27k out of 40 - the difference is still more than twice what I paid for undergrad).

Ahhh, budget problems. Okay, then, I'm slightly hopeful. Really, just to know that they think enough of me to put me on a waiting list would absolutely fantastic, regardless of whether or not they accept me in the end.

Good luck to you in your decision.