What are my chances for getting into a Ph.D. in MGMT at top tier school?

brainsnack

I would appreciate if you could possibly give me some feedback on what my chances are for getting into a Ph.D. program at a top tier school. I would like to apply to Ph.D. programs in Management (Science) at Stanford, MIT, Harvard, Kellog, Wharton, Columbia or other top tier schools. Stanford and MIT would be my top choices.

• I have a Bachelor of Science in Internation Business / General Management from a top tier German university
  • I have a GPA of 2.7-3.0 (we have a different grading scale, I tried to convert it to the US scale). There are no majors. It may be compared to a BBA. (I really hate to say this but my grades suffered a lot from the fact that someone in my family died. I know this does not count as an excuse, but I want you to understand that I'm not a lazy guy having unrealistic dreams)
  • I have completed a lot of internships simultaneously to my studies (mostly in Investment Banking)

In order to increase my chances, I continued with my studies and recently enrolled in a MS program:
    • I will have MS in MGMT from the same German university (attempting to obtain a >3.3 GPA). The program is organized in three semesters.
    • My goal is to spend the mandatory exchange semester (FT 2013) at one of the top US schools. I am about to apply by Nov this year.
    • Additionally, I started to study (Public) Governance (MA) at an accredited distance university
    • Currently working on a web start-up
    • Further, I have a applied for a position as research assistant (Corporate Governance & Economics)

[*]I am certain that two well-known professors will provide me with good recommendation letters

[*]I have already taken the TOEFL (110) and plan to do the GMAT (goal: 720) and GRE (goal: 99th percentile in the math part) asap

[*]I also speak other languages (German - native, Spanish - advanced, French - intermediate, Chinese - beginner)

What is your opinion?

I would appreciate if you could give me serious feedback and provide me with recommendations in case you have some.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards!