Assess my chances at School of Public Health, please : ) ?

jf9109

I took the GRE today. I got a 154/155 v/q, could be the other way around.I was so stressed I don't remember exactly which went with which. I dont think i have time to retake it before deadlines and i honestly dont have energy to retake it. Hopefully that won't make much of a difference in assessing my chances to applying to the following schools. I am a first generation highschool/college graduate. I am daughter of immigrant parents. Maybe that may help me somehow, hopefully if they analyze my statement of purpose before my GRE scores : /.

I am a Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major, current GPA as a senior is 3.79/4. I am an Honors Student. I also did 2 years of undergraduate research with Distinguished Research Professor. I also work part-time. I also never sleep i think. I have a twin sister who is pretty much in the same boat.

I am applying to

Berkeley (yeah, i know, dream school)

UCLA (another one)

San Diego State

Emory

SUNY Albany and/or Buffalo

UC Davis, maybe

and other ones if these are impossible.

Thanks in advance, folks. Graciasssss

You could still re-take, I know it's a PITA, but the rest of your profile is so strong that I wouldn't let a low GRE be the one blemish on your application package. Especially for your dream schools which are uber-competitive, a higher GRE would help a lot...

Just to let you know, that score converted to the old scores adds up to a 1220. You might have some trouble in the top 20 programs, but with a strong enough application otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if you still got a number of offers.

• 1 month later...