CV/Resume

Thegreatunknown

Hey All,

My graduate adviser just invited me to join his Archaeological group on a cataloging project this summer on Crete. Naturally I accepted, as this is an incredible opportunity! She asked me send her my CV to pass along to one of the coordinators. My worry is that I'm only in my first semester of my MA program and have no relevant experience or publications. I don't want to include irrelevant work experience, but I don't want my CV to be blank! Do professors expect first year MA students to have an extensive CV? What are the sorts of things I should include if I don't have anything published?

Thanks for the help!

I think it's okay/expected that first year graduate students won't have a very extensive CV, especially not in the publications department. I wouldn't try to pad the CV, just include the relevant things -- education history (school, degree name, etc.), awards, and any academic or leadership things (e.g student leadership, volunteering etc.)