How Much Program Information to Include on Business Cards?

GreenePony

I get that on professional business cards you need to include you basic contact info (email, phone, name) but how much program information do you really include (in the humanities)?

I’m seeing a couple options for me that uses parts of the following information:

Museum Studies Master’s Candidate

[university name]

[museum area focus, academic core department]

Bachelor’s of Art in Anthropology

(include minor in Museum Studies?)

[undergrad University]

Do you include graduation years/expected graduation? Most of the times I would be handing out cards would be at museum professional events so I would think I need to include my focus area but I’m not sure my academic core (not the same area as my undergrad degree) is relevant. Same for undergrad.

You're a master's student? Don't include anything about your BA. It's not a CV ;) Or are you listing possibilities for both BA and MA students?

My cards say:

Name

PhD candidate for

Doctor of Philosophy

Social Psychology

phone #

email

website

(university logo on left, address on bottom right)

It's in the official format prescribed by my university so probably pretty standard.

I agree that a business card is not a CV. But you should definitely put your website (preferably your own domain name or your page on the department's page) where you have a link to your CV! Lewin00's format looks good, but it seems redundant to say "PhD candidate for PhD in Social Psychology", in my opinion. I would put something like

Name

PhD Candidate

[Your department / program name] -- I'd leave out University name because it will be evident by the logo!

[Contact info]

I wish I could use university official cards- but they only offer them for business school students - oh well, the new logo is awful.

Guess this means I need to tidy up my linkedin account (the first time I'll need this we're working on CVs anyway so that won't be as important)

I thought it was too much information to include

Edited by GreenePony

...but it seems redundant to say "PhD candidate for PhD in Social Psychology", in my opinion.

I agree, it's a bit redundant. But they were 50 cards for $5 :D