Fall 2013 | MS| CIVIL | GRE 1360 (Q-800, V-560) | UG 76.7(Topper-79) | Delhi college of engineering

civil

I am applying for MS in structural engineering (Fall 2013). Below is my profile, please suggest me universities to apply

Departmental rank 4th in Delhi college of Engineering ( it is among the top 10 colleges of India)

GRE

Test Date: 04/26/2011

Total Score: 1360

Sub-section scores (Quantitative, Verbal , AWA): QUANT-800, VERBAL- 560, AWA – 3.5

TOEFL

Test date: . . . 8/19/2012

Total Score: 103

Sub scores –LISTENING-27, SPEAKING-26, READING-25, WRITING-25

Projects & Training

1. Project in IIT-Delhi on the blast response of 3D cylindrical water storage tank and studying the different parameters which affect the response magnitude by simulation using Abacqus/CAE software. Lead author of journal written on this project in “computer methods in applied mechanics and engineering”. http://www.journals.elsevier.com/compute...ineering/. The paper is currently under review.

2. Project in IIT Delhi on 2D analysis of rigid and flexible water tank sloshing using finite elements, CEL analysis method in Abaqus/CAE..

3. Project in IIT-Delhi on parametric study of storage tank under seismic base excitation using Abaqus/CAE. Currently preparing journal on this topic as lead author of the paper.

4. Project in DCE on study of earthquake responses envelopes of MDF steel building for a given earthquake data and variable angle of attack, using MATLAB as computational tool and optimizing the structure which was earlier designed using STAAD Pro. (it was actually work of Prof of UCB, i modified to include more parameters and did it using different software i.e. MATLAB)

5. Winter training at Marg Limited- sites assigned were MES-RR Hospital, Dhaula Kuan & NBCC- Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra , Chanakyapuri.

6. Summer training at LARSON & TOUBRO LIMITED , Location- Bhai Veer Singh Marg near Gol Market, New Delhi. The primary aim of the project was to construct a commercial complex to rehabilitate the shop owners displaced during the construction of the Metro line in Delhi.

LOR'S

1) from my project guide at IIT-Delhi, i worked under him for about 6 months

2) BTech final year project guide at DCE

3) Prof at DCE (taught for 1.5 years)

Names of universities which i have shortlisted, please comment and suggest if i am being too ambitious

University of California--Berkeley

University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign

Georgia Institute of Technology

Purdue University--West Lafayette

University of Texas--Austin (Cockrell)

University of Michigan--Ann Arbor

Virginia Tech

Carnegie Mellon University

Northwestern University (McCormick)

Texas A&M University--College Station (Look)

University of Wisconsin—Madison

University of Minnesota--Twin Cities

Lehigh University (Rossin)

University of Washington

North Carolina State University

Please suggest, if i am being too ambitious about some universities also if i am missing some gud university please mention them.