phone conversation...

benibeno33

Hi everybody!

I am an international applicant. I got a phone conversation with my first choice. I was ready to answer to some very specific questions such as why I wanted to get into this program, what I could bring to them....all those questions...but instead I have been asked about my life now, my hobbies....I was very confused!!! Do you know if it means something??? was it like an english and/or personnality test???? Is it a good sign?....

I can't wait for the result :(

goodluck everybody!

The most common reason for interviews like this is to check that you're not an awkward person and not crazy :P

While it is by no mean a guarantee of admit it certainly is a good sign of them to take the slightest interest in you. I'd be cautiously positive!

Hi! I had an interview over the phone with a department that I believe is interested in me. I really enjoyed talking to the Director of the Department and appreciate her taking time out to speak with me about the program. Is it appropriate to send a quick thank you note via postal mail that simply states that I enjoyed my conversation with her and appreciated her time? I don't want to do overkill and ruin my chances. Thanks in advance for your advice, it is much appreciated!

ehehe :) that's funny, I was wondering the same thing after my phone conversation. I sent a very quick email saying I had been glad talking with her and that if she wanted other information I would answer...:)

I think it's not a bad thing to do...she answered me back saying it was nice talking to me...

so feel free to do it :)