Interfolio's e-delivery system

asleepawake

So, I'm filling out my NYU application, and the school clearly states that they do not accept letters from Interfolio. However, doesn't Interfolio's e-delviery system work in such a way that I just use the Interfolio-generated e-mail instead of my LOR writer's? They don't seem to mention e-delivery, and Interfolio doesn't make it clear which schools accept it, either, but they certainly make it sound like it can be used on any/most online applications.

I assume this means that they do not accept Interfolio letters at all.

What experiences have you had with Interfolio's online delivery system?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question also. Actually one of my referees asked me to set up an Interfolio account so that she will just write one letter.

After checking out the website, I realize that Interfolio may not support the general online application system adopted by many universities.

For one, it does not provide the student evaluation form referees must fill out. Also - when a reference letter is submitted electornically,

it's not clear if it's be to delivered to the right place.

Any Interfolio users here?

Yep, I'm in the same spot. I've called most schools and they provided an email address I can have Interfolio send to. One school said I could use the upload form and that it would be ok that all additional fields are blank. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that schools aren't more flexible on this point.

Yep, I'm in the same spot. I've called most schools and they provided an email address I can have Interfolio send to. One school said I could use the upload form and that it would be ok that all additional fields are blank. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that schools aren't more flexible on this point.

This is helpful, LMac. Thanks. I'm going to contact the technical support people later today and let you guys know

how it turns out.

I ended up calling all of my schools, and I've been able to contact most of them. So far, I've gotten 3 "no" answers and 10 "yes" answers. Well, 9 "yes" answers and one "what is interfolio?" followed by "That sounds okay... I think." Call your department directly rather than the graduate college in general. YMMV, but my "no" answers were from NYU, Vanderbilt, and Pittsburgh.

Interfolio generates an e-mail address for each of your letters. You copy and paste that rather than your writer's actual e-mail address. Then you go back to Interfolio a day or so later and check out. You have to give Interfolio permission to enter "N/A" in any fields that they cannot answer. It ends up being pretty easy for the schools willing to accept it.

Edited by asleepawake

Another thing to watch out for with Interfolio is the delay in getting letters out. Even requesting that one to be emailed (which in this day and age should be pretty instantaneous) takes 24 business hours. I requested one on Friday after hearing back from UCSD that they would accept it, and it still hasn't been sent. It won't go out until tomorrow. I believe if you have them upload it into an application the turn around is something like 3 business days. It was frustrating because I even emailed Interfolio to ask if there was a way to speed it up and got an automated response that no one would answer my question until Monday.