Drexel M.S. Nutrition 2013

Maegan

Wondering if anyones in the Masters in Nutrition at Drexel. I just defered a year and will begin fall 2013, but looking to find a roommate in center city possibly begining in June. I've never been to philly, so any apartment suggestions would be great!!

Wondering if anyones in the Masters in Nutrition at Drexel. I just defered a year and will begin fall 2013, but looking to find a roommate in center city possibly begining in June. I've never been to philly, so any apartment suggestions would be great!!

Maegan, I don't live in Philly, but I have friends there (including one in the Library and Info Science program at Drexel) and every time I've been up there, I've had a ton of fun, so I'm sure you will too, especially if you are planning on staying close in. After all, you're in the middle of everything: 2 hours to NY and DC, a flight away from Boston (and most major cities, for that matter - flights out of PHL are less expensive than IAD/DCA, where I am).

Good luck with your move!

I can't recommend specific apartments, but I can recommend areas.

A lot of people like university city (the upenn drexel area). But, honestly I wouldn't want to live there. I think Center City is the best spot. As a woman (I'm thinking safety here), my preferred areas are Rittenhouse and Washington Sq. However, since you need to be relatively close to Drexel, the Rittenhouse area might be a better bet- even though it's more expensive. Oh, people also like Fitler Sq., west of rittenhouse. Quite a few students (and recent grads) have apartments in houses that are in this area.