Georgetown English M.A. program

I applied and almost attended a few years ago. I wound up turning it down because they offered no guaranteed teaching opportunities (the one girl I met who was a T.A. stumbled into it because a prof had to take an unexpected leave) and because they considered MA students part time - no health care. Those things might have changed, though.

In answer to my own question, I called Allison Dunlap (the grad coordinator this morning) and she said that they hoped to have the acceptances for people who applied before the funding deadline mailed out by the end of this month (kind of curious for a program which only gets about 150 applicants...but I guess it takes time to go through them all).

I'm a current graduate student in Georgetown's English MA program. I was notified of my admission via email on March 28, 2007. The DGS called a few days later to let me know I'd been awarded a fellowship and stipend. I'm graduating this year and starting my PhD in the Fall. Good luck!