While we're on the subject of Indiana...has anyone else who received the evite not otherwise heard from them? I guess I may email in a day or two if I still haven't heard anything, as I'm rather keen to know about funding before I let myself get too excited (the website seems to suggest they may not fund everyone in the first year?). In any event, just wondering if anyone knows what is going on, or is in the same boat!

Johnian, I received the evite without official confirmation too, so I immediately phoned the graduate secretary (the phone number on the evite). It sounded like she thought the DGS had contacted everyone (even though the DGS hadn't) which was why she sent out the evite. I received an email from the DGS the next day. I didn't receive a fellowship, and, I have to say, for a program of their stature, their funding is not impressive at all. Anyway, don't hesitate to call--Bev Hankins was very helpful.

Thanks, will call later. That does all seem a bit disorganized. I was feeling rather concerned that not hearing didn't bode well for the funding situation...I guess we'll see. Sorry to hear you weren't offered any...perhaps some who were will decide to go elsewhere!

Just to clarify, I did receive funding, it was just a very small amount (and presumably would have been better if I had gotten a fellowship). I spoke to one of my advisors, and she said Indiana has really been sent through the ringer by their state gov. as of late, which is a shame.