ASU Anyone?

ItsBrainScience

I was accepted last week to their Journalism dept. What do you think about the acceptance process? I get to enroll in classes by the end of March but I'm actually leaning towards another process. How do I deny their acceptance? Do I just not sign up for classes?

Did it just show up on your ASU account, like did your status change from "In Review" to Accepted? or did you get an email sent to the ASU email they gave you?

To decline i believe you have to do it with the formal letter they send through the postal service, you have to mail back the sheet that says accept or decline.

The process was pretty easy i just wish they would notify you when they have all your materials, i have not heard anything since i submitted the materials, it just says in review ugh.

How was the process for you?

I'm in at ASU in the psychology department. I got a phone call from a professor and then my status changed on their website. I'm visiting in a couple weeks and looking forward to it!

I'd be working with Craig Nagoshi. I was notified about a month ago (I think). I'm interested in prejudice and stereotyping, particularly relating to the GLBT community. Dr. Nagoshi is doing some fascinating work on homophobia and transphobia.

And thanks. :D I'm pretty excited too!

Did it just show up on your ASU account, like did your status change from "In Review" to Accepted? or did you get an email sent to the ASU email they gave you?

I was just accepted in the Bioarchaeology Ph.D. program. I received a phone call from my advisor. I sent formal e-mails of accpetance to the right people, but my status on the MyASU page still says "In Review". I guess it just takes some time for them to process, depending on the department. Good luck.

To decline i believe you have to do it with the formal letter they send through the postal service, you have to mail back the sheet that says accept or decline.

The process was pretty easy i just wish they would notify you when they have all your materials, i have not heard anything since i submitted the materials, it just says in review ugh.

How was the process for you?

It said "accepted" then 2 days later I got a link to my acceptance letter. They said they would not be mailing acceptance letters, did anyone else read that?

When I was accepted to the Political Science PhD (holla!) program I received an acceptance through e-mail and then my status changed on MyASU to "Accepted," giving me a register date of March 29th. I have to say the application process through the political science dept was a bit cumbersome as there was conflicting information on the "apply" page of the dept with that of the grad admissions office. I had to call to clarify and even then didn't get the best answers from the office (somewhat disconcerting).

At this point it looks like I'm headed to Tempe unless UC Irvine gets off their butts and sends me the acceptance that I deserve!! 8)

• 4 weeks later...

I got an email on March 24 saying I've been accepted to the English program, but still haven't gotten anything in the mail. I was allowed to register starting March 30, but haven't been able to because I don't have all my vaccines in order. Still trying to find the necessary paperwork on that. I guess we don't have to get back to them by April 15th with a yes or a no, then? Because I have no info about finances yet, and a decision can't be made until I'm sure I can afford it! This has been such a pain in the neck; thank goodness you only have to do it once. Anyway, that's where I'm at.

*edit

I now have my vaccines in order, and a deadline of July 1 to say yes or no to ASU. Financial info is pending, but I've been told not to hold my breath.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use