Submit two sets of GRE scores?

HAlberts

Hi all,

I need a bit of advise on whether it makes sense to submit both my gre score reports.

First time I got 170 verbal, 159 quant, and 5.0 awa.

Second time I got 167 verbal, 164 quant, 4.5 awa

I decided to retake the test to improve my quant score. I'm applying to competitive IR programs that value quantitative skills (and my undergrad major was in physics), so I wanted the quant to look really good. I didn't expect my writing score to drop, and I was a little surprised by the 4.5.

Anyhow, what is your opinion on submitting two sets of scores? If you recommend just submitting one, which would be better - a higher quant score or a better awa? Does a 4.5 awa look strange with the high verbal and quant?

Thanks for the help.

Hi all,

I need a bit of advise on whether it makes sense to submit both my gre score reports.

First time I got 170 verbal, 159 quant, and 5.0 awa.

Second time I got 167 verbal, 164 quant, 4.5 awa

I decided to retake the test to improve my quant score. I'm applying to competitive IR programs that value quantitative skills (and my undergrad major was in physics), so I wanted the quant to look really good. I didn't expect my writing score to drop, and I was a little surprised by the 4.5.

Anyhow, what is your opinion on submitting two sets of scores? If you recommend just submitting one, which would be better - a higher quant score or a better awa? Does a 4.5 awa look strange with the high verbal and quant?

Thanks for the help.

I am in the same boat as you are, but I will be applying to biological sciences for grad studies.

So how do you think programs view two score reports? Some have published policies - i.e. they'll look at the best score on each section, but others don't mention it at all. I just don't want to come off as obsessive, especially since the total score for V+Q only improved by 2 points.