Another question about funding

chillofrito

Hi everybody. Now, I realize that every program is different etc, but maybe someone can give me some insight into this.

After being rejected from a handful of schools, and planning what I'd do to get in next year, a got an acceptance. No word on funding yet. After a day or two of being excited, I started getting paranoid about money. So I was looking over my application, and I definitely checked a box that said `I will require funding to attend UX.'

Anyone else get a box like this on their application? Do ya'll think it matters? It seems so small, what if they didn't notice it. They aren't going to admit me without planning on handing over a wad of cash, right? Thanks!

I had the same moment of panic as you and checked my app to make sure that I checked the "please give me money" box. I'm in the same boat; got the acceptance, waiting on funding. I've been in constant contact with the director of my program since my acceptance, and he knows I'm just waiting on funding information to accept their offer. If you haven't already contacted your department, do it! Let them know how much you want to attend, and ask them very politely when the funding decisions will be made. They may not be able to give you a date, but at least they will know you are interested and keep you in the loop.