Question about Research Fit

Thinker123

I have read many entries on this forum regarding research fit. It is a very important aspect of an application. My inquiry would address the extend to which a high research fit would make up for average GRE scores.

My example:

I am applying for Harvard Business School's DBA in Strategy. The undergraduate institution that I graduated from has strong ties with HBS and the same research focus. We have some guest lecturers from HBS and our teaching is largely based on them.

Picked as a leading student at this institute, I am writing a thesis (have written it actually, just correcting the work now) that analyzed HBS research on crowdsourcing/open innovation/user innovation and I have used their findings to abstract holistic crowdsourcing design architecture, reciprocities and proximities between user characteristics and design elements in these crowdsourcing competitions.

My work will also be used in an international research project (also at HBS). Of course, I also proposed further research directions in my Statement of Purpose with Mr. Lakhani, Tushman and Michael Porter.

My GRE is mediocre and I only had the chance to take it once (because of ETS guidelines and application deadlines).

Is it possible to overcome the negative impression of a mediocre (above average but still) GRE with a 100 % research fit?

Thanks.