I've been accepted for spring '13 by the dept but haven't received an official notice from the university. HELP!

sevyn731

A week ago today I received an email (in response to my inquiry regarding my application status) from the graduate director of my program of interest informing me that the committee has decided to admit me for spring '13. BUT b/c my uGPA is just literally under a 3.0 he's requesting that the main graduate admissions office accept me on a one year provisional basis (if my GPA drops below 3, I'm out). I'm perfectly fine with those conditions seeing as I am absolutely sure their program is direction I want to go in, and during our my interview he mentioned they've admitted several students in the past under these conditions.

The problem is it has been a week since I've heard anything and the university will be closed for the holidays next week on up to new years, then the semester starts on Jan 7th. If I've gotten in, I need to register for classes, and get my financial aid straightened out. Luckily unlike the other schools I've been accepted to, housing isn't an issue since my hometown is about thirty minutes from campus so commuting during the first month or so won't be an problem.

I'm hesitant about contacting them again to see how things are moving along considering they just finished finals last week and had graduation this past weekend. Experience from originally applying to grad school has taught me that departments are usually pretty busy after a semester ends. I'm afraid of my sense of urgency coming off as impatience.

With that being said, I haven't the slightest idea what to write in an email regarding the situation.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. A you can imagine, waiting is killing me...

tumblr_mc8hz7AjBY1rofwwk.gif