Canadian schools (York, McMaster)

I was reading some of the earlier posts and it seems that students received responses from York fairly late (in April). I am wondering if anyone had received a reply earlier than that, for the M.A at least anyways. I need to know by the end of March to be able to make a decision.

Also, has anyone heard from McMaster Polisci? I got an offer for the Globalization degree a couple of weeks ago, but I'm hoping I'll get in to the Polisci program (my first choice), so I'm curious to know whether or not anyone has received an offer from them.

Do any students have any comments about their experiences at these universities. I've been hearing recent negative feedback from students about the program at York which is where I would potentially like to do my PhD.

Thanks.

I was reading some of the earlier posts and it seems that students received responses from York fairly late (in April). I am wondering if anyone had received a reply earlier than that, for the M.A at least anyways. I need to know by the end of March to be able to make a decision.

Also, has anyone heard from McMaster Polisci? I got an offer for the Globalization degree a couple of weeks ago, but I'm hoping I'll get in to the Polisci program (my first choice), so I'm curious to know whether or not anyone has received an offer from them.

Do any students have any comments about their experiences at these universities. I've been hearing recent negative feedback from students about the program at York which is where I would potentially like to do my PhD.

Thanks.

Am also waiting on Mac PoliSci and have not heard anything. I know that others have received decisions this week via email from the graduate school about their applications with different departments, but know of no one who's heard from Political Science.

someone just posted saying that he/she got a rejection email from polisci in Mcmaster (International Relations Ph.D.) I am still waiting notification from the same program. Did you guys receive yours?

someone just posted saying that he/she got a rejection email from polisci in Mcmaster (International Relations Ph.D.) I am still waiting notification from the same program. Did you guys receive yours?

Nope, no word yet. Where else have you applied?

Simon Fraser, Mcmaster, Carleton, Alberta. I've got rejections from Carleton and Alberta. Hopefully I'll get at least one admission from the rest of schools. How is yours?

Hello,

I applied to the MA program in poli sci at UBC. They have already sent out a couple acceptances and rejections here and there. Although, as a bit of news to pass everyone's way, I sent an email to the department and was told that all applicants will be notified of decisions within this week. So just a few more days of protracted anguish!!!

• 2 weeks later...

From the York PhD program director: decisions are being made this week, and results will be sent in the mail the following week. There are 160 applicants for 18 available positions. Admits are done by subfield, with each area allocated a similar number of spots. IR is most competitive with +/-60 applicants vying for 4-5 positions. Best of luck to those waiting.

From the York PhD program director: decisions are being made this week, and results will be sent in the mail the following week. There are 160 applicants for 18 available positions. Admits are done by subfield, with each area allocated a similar number of spots. IR is most competitive with +/-60 applicants vying for 4-5 positions. Best of luck to those waiting.

I received admissions to the M.A program "unofficially". I emailed the assistant asking for when I should be expecting a response, she noted that I was in and that official notifications would be sent out this week. Good luck to everyone else!