Missing Recommendation Requests for Texas Common App!

ridofme

One of my referees emailed me today to say that he had not yet received a recommendation request from UT-Austin. I had previously filled in and saved my referee contact info into the appropriate part of the Texas Common App, but unlike the applications for my other schools, there was no 'submit recommendation request' step. I had thought saving the contact info would be enough, but it appears not. Applying to UT-Austin is strange in that I have to first submit/pay for the Texas Common Application (which is essentially basic biographical/academic background info) before receiving specific instructions from UT-Austin about uploading my transcripts/letter of intent, etc. I hadn't submitted and paid for the Texas Common App yet,  so I did that today, thinking it might trigger the sending of the recommendation requests. I then emailed my referees, but two have now emailed back to say that they still haven't received anything! Perhaps this will only happen after UT-Austin gets my application from the Texas Common Application? I'm really unsure of what to do, because the office is closed until January 2nd, and the application is due on January 5th. I realize that I've left this somewhat to the last minute, but it seems like such a convoluted system.

Does anyone have more intel on how this process works? Has anyone had similar experiences? Thanks in advance.

Edited by ridofme

Thank you for the response Miskina. This is a case of me going into a total panic and posting on gradcafe before allowing the situation to resolve itself on its own, which it totally did shortly after I posted. For whatever reason, it just took a few hours to generate the recommendation request after I submitted the Texas Common App. I guess I was just concerned because all of my other applications did it automaticallly, before I submitted any application. Now I can move to stressing out about my referees submitting the letters of time! Haha