Anyone Applying for Audiology? ...Anyone?!

cadams128

I'm a Speech-Language Pathology Major who just graduated (woo!) and am currently applying for Doctoral of Audiology programs for Fall 2013. Needless to say, it's been super stressful. What's even worse though is, I can't find anyone who's applying for Audiology either!! Out of all the SLP majors in my college, no one is applying for Audiology this year (which can be a good thing and a bad thing..) I just want to be able to talk to someone about the process and see what their feedback has been from schools.

These are the schools I'm applying to:

Long Island Consortium- Adelphi, Hofstra, St. John's

CUNY Consortium- Grad Center, Hunter, Brooklyn

University of Connecticut

University of Massachusettes- Amherst

Montclair State University

I'm hoping these are pretty decent picks to apply for in comparison to my GPA/GRE scores. I originally had 10 schools in mind, but then decided to cut down my list big time and be realistic with myself. 

Let me know if there's any fellow SLP majors who love Audiology like I do! I'd love to hear about your experiences so far...

-CA

Hey CA,

FINALLY! It feels like nobody else is applying to Audiology so I'm glad I found your post.

I completed an undergrad in a completely unrelated field (French, I'm from Ontario, Canada) and then went to Wayne State University to complete all the prerequisite courses in communication sciences and disorders.  I fell in love with Audiology and am in the process of applying right now for fall 2013.  You're right, it is stressful!

I am applying to Wayne State University, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, Nova southeastern,  as well as Rush and Northwestern (which are both long shots.. very tough to get into).
I had more schools to begin with as well, but it began to get expensive and extremely time consuming.. 
Are most of your deadlines already passed? Some of mine were January 1st, and then January 15th and February 15th.. 

Yay, I've found someone I can commiserate with haha! That's great that you have a degree in a foreign language, it'll definitely make you stand out against other applicants. I dual minored in English Lit and Spanish, so I hope that helps a little. I looked into a few of the schools you're applying to, but decided against them since I wanted to stay more in the tri-state area. Plus, like you said, it's extremely time consuming and expensive! A majority of my applications are due February 1st, besides one that's due February 15th. So I have a little bit more time get everything in. If you don't mind me king, what do your grades/GPA look like? I feel like I'm on the lower end with everything and that makes me really nervous :/ I'm really counting on my resume and letters of rec to make me stand out.

Oh man, my applications are all submitted.. now the waiting process.. I know I won't hear anything for probably a month but I'm still freaking out and checking my e-mail constantly. 
Did you do a post-bachelor program or complete any of the pre-requisits in communication sciences? 
I can relate to the feeling of "being on the lower end with everything.." 
My undergrad GPA was really low.. it's canadian grading system so I'm not sure exactly but it was just under a 3.0   :unsure:  but when I took all the courses at wayne state, my GPA was 3.82.. 
The GRE was tricky.. not sure what a competitive score is.. Most of the schools that I applied to said "anything above 50th percentile is competitive"..
I got 161 on Verbal and 153 on Quant.. and 4.0 AW
How do yours look? 
Have you done lots of volunteering? I've spent some days observing audiologists in hospitals and clinics which was really helpful in reaffirming my decision to apply to the AuD program..