So I know JG already created a topic about how unapproachable BU's admissions department is, but I'm wondering if the same holds true for their MA admissions. Has anyone heard anything from that program? Or are we going to be forced to 'wait til April' as well?

This is shocking -- partly because it's my first acceptance -- but I was accepted to this program today. Big yellow envelope, postmarked March 4. No call or email.

I really didn't expect it and would love to hear from other folks who got into the MA program. Anybody?

Now I can finally change my depressing signature, which I will waste no time in doing. :)

Congrats Orinin.

That is random that they just send out the envelopes by snail mail, no phone call or anything, especially when BU is one of the last PhD programs in English to notify. You could have accepted another offer in the 6 days it took for their envelope to reach you.

But awesome news all the same!

Thanks, Yellow.

It's good news, but I'm not entirely sure what to make of it -- being that it's a one-year MA program, I'm wondering if most BU Master's students move on to the PhD. If that's not the case, I'd be reluctant to pack up and move there if I'd have to re-apply all over and move again in 2010. Anybody know?

What the F!

Is BU another one that's going to take forever to notify about decisions they've already made? Many people have posted acceptances saying there's going to be a waitlist this year, etc., yet no waitlisters, no rejections. Are they really having so hard a time whittling things down AT ALL?