Census Help

Nikara

For a research project, I need to find the basic demographic census information for Xenia, OH for the 1960, 70, 80, and 90 censuses.  I know that the information is out there, and generally looks like this: http://www.ci.xenia.oh.us/uploads/CD%20Forms/Demographics/General%20Demographic%20Characteristics.pdf  For the life of me I can't figure out how to access similar information for previous years.  Anyone out there wrestled with census information before?  Which website should I be drawing from?  Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

You can try NHGiS, its free to sign up and you can pull demographic data and customize to what you want.  I used it to grab data for ArcGIS, but there's no reason you couldn't just pull a csv for the data.  You have to use their system to tell it what you want, so depending on what kind of data you want it should be relatively easy to pull.  You can PM me if you have questions about how to use the site.