Architectural History Programs

architecture 604

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew of good architectural history MA programs. I am interested in both an MA in Architectural History or an MA in Art History at a program which has a solid amount of professors who specialize in the architecture of a variety of areas. I got my undergrad in Art History focusing on city planning and architecture and so I would prefer to look at schools where I can focus on architecture within an Art History framework. 

I'm applying in Fall 2013 and have compiled a solid list (UT Austin, UVA, VCU, Boston, SCAD) being at the top, but I am curious if there are anymore out there. 

Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late to this thread, but here's my $.02 anyway. 

You could go in one of two directions for architectural history- an art history department (I looked at UDel, UWisc Madison, and UCSB) or an architecture department (such as UC Berkeley or Cornell).  It sounds like you definitely want to be in an art history department, and the only drawback to that (at least for me) is having to fulfill general requirements that may have zero to do with architecture.  If you're okay with that, then full speed ahead!

There isn't a whole lot of funding at the MA level, which you probably already know.  I know that UDel does seem to fund some MA students, and UWisc Madison mentioned having grants to fund students through fieldwork. 

I'm currently in the history of architecture and urbanism program at UC Berkeley (MS/Ph.D), so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.