Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Programs Fall 2013 - let the wait begin!

Juliii and agej -  I sent an email to them.  I was hesitant to but luckily I had a good reason - HA.  My application kept saying that my transcripts were missing so I emailed about that to make sure that they were there.  They did have my transcripts so that was a relief.  He also responded and said that they will be making final decisions by April 15!!!!  Looks like they are taking it all the way to the deadline.  I'm going to stop going nuts over it now - LOL 

Wow agej!!! Congratulations on all those schools you got into.  I have received nothing but rejections!!!

anybody waiting for MSU(michigan state)?

heard nothing and even nothing in results search....the coordinator said they will send out the results in early March..figured no good result coz i did not asked for interview...how about you guys?

anybody waiting for MSU(michigan state)?

heard nothing and even nothing in results search....the coordinator said they will send out the results in early March..figured no good result coz i did not asked for interview...how about you guys?

The director told me the committee wasn't meeting until the end of February, and I've heard nothing yet either. I'm trying really hard not to lose hope! Did you apply to the Comm or the Media program?

The director told me the committee wasn't meeting until the end of February, and I've heard nothing yet either. I'm trying really hard not to lose hope! Did you apply to the Comm or the Media program?

Which one did you apply to Ugg42? I'm still waiting to hear from the media program. It's the only one I haven't heard from yet and the results have someone with an acceptance in Jan...getting anxious!

comm program...did they do interviews?

Which one did you apply to Ugg42? I'm still waiting to hear from the media program. It's the only one I haven't heard from yet and the results have someone with an acceptance in Jan...getting anxious!

I applied to the comm program so I'm guessing the decisions are made from separate committees? Don't worry, though! Maybe that one acceptance was someone who's matriculating so he/she heard early?

comm program...did they do interviews?

Me too! & not that I know of? I haven't seen anything posted in the results section yet either so my fingers are still crossed!

cdparker03 - Thank you! I have already decided to go to American (although I'm curious as to what Maryland & Columbia will say). I hope you get accepted by Maryland! It was a great school when I visited and definitely one of my top choices! How many more schools are you waiting to hear from?

Me too! & not that I know of? I haven't seen anything posted in the results section yet either so my fingers are still crossed!

One of my colleagues completed his M.A. at MSU in their Comm program and he said they are just traditionally one of the last schools to make decisions and send out notifications. I'm not expecting anything until the 2nd/3rd week of March.

Yep, only one that we know of so far...

I'm waiting on USC too...if previous years are any indicator, looks like it may be mid-March before more hear from USC.  It's my only application and I'm a non-trad student, so I can't hold my breath (but I can keep my fingers crossed).

Good to know that I'm not suffering the wait alone

I'm waiting on USC too...if previous years are any indicator, looks like it may be mid-March before more hear from USC.  It's my only application and I'm a non-trad student, so I can't hold my breath (but I can keep my fingers crossed).

Good luck CHagen! As someone with a short target list I can sympathize but if it's the right fit you will get it!

You're definitely not alone!  ;)

Anyone waiting for Northwestern MTS (media, technology and society)?

I can see that some people had interview and got invitation...but I cannot see any rejection nor acceptance. boo

dunno whether I'm in the waiting list or they are too lazy to send a rejection letter! but still, finger crossed XD

Anyone waiting for Northwestern MTS (media, technology and society)?

I can see that some people had interview and got invitation...but I cannot see any rejection nor acceptance. boo

dunno whether I'm in the waiting list or they are too lazy to send a rejection letter! but still, finger crossed XD

I'm waiting to hear from NW Rhetoric and Public Culture, although I'm assuming that, at this point, I won't be accepted. One person (also Rhet and PC) on this forum was contacted by the dept. early January for a campus visit this weekend. I contacted the Comm dept. and they said that the faculty are still deciding. That being said, things may be entirely different for the MTS focus. But I noticed and was curious about the same: no posted acceptances/rejections.

Caffeinated - I am just waiting on Maryland and NYU.  Things got a little crazy this time around and I only got everything in to four schools.  I'm 0-2 so far.  I got my fingers crossed with both of these programs!

I'm waiting to hear from NW Rhetoric and Public Culture, although I'm assuming that, at this point, I won't be accepted. One person (also Rhet and PC) on this forum was contacted by the dept. early January for a campus visit this weekend. I contacted the Comm dept. and they said that the faculty are still deciding. That being said, things may be entirely different for the MTS focus. But I noticed and was curious about the same: no posted acceptances/rejections.

I just called comm depart and they said the decision is still pending, so I have to wait till mid March. But I saw post in the result section that two applicant has been admitted via website...dunno what is the truth! I may need to wait bit more...I did not expected to be admitted but waiting is torturing!!!

I just called comm depart and they said the decision is still pending, so I have to wait till mid March. But I saw post in the result section that two applicant has been admitted via website...dunno what is the truth! I may need to wait bit more...I did not expected to be admitted but waiting is torturing!!!

I received an email from DGS of MTS at Northwestern with acceptance and 4 years of funding. Not sure what is going on if you had not at least had a phone interview with NU.