Plagiarism

Does anyone have any good (free) software they recommend to test your work for plagiarism? I know it seems a bit odd to ask because obviously I should know that I haven't been plagiarising but sometimes it's hard to tell what constitutes actual plagiarism.

I'm doing my masters dissertation right now and writing my introduction is proving to be a bitch. The point is my research focuses on a particular protein and studying its binding biophysically with various chemical fragments but as part of the introduction I need to give general introduction to the protein - its cellular roles etc. So obviously i'm referencing the same key original papers that all more recent papers on this proteindo, and what's proving to be a bitch is making sure I reference them in a way distinct from these other papers. It sounds easy but it's just the comments are so general and not really anything to do with my research that i'm worried it seems like i've just plucked them from other papers. So yeah, sorry for ramble, but just want to make sure that officially i'm not plagiarising.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used iThenticate both on my own work and that of my students. The University where I work makes this software available for us to use so I don't know how much it costs, but if you can find access to it, it works extremely well.