How do I answer this question i'm applying for MSW. What is required to achieve these goals, & how will our grad program facilitate goal attainment?

AudreeRose

How do I answer this question i'm applying for MSW.

What is required to achieve these goals, & how will our grad program facilitate goal attainment?

I'm a bit confused on how to go about answering this question.  Does anyone have an idea on how I should go about answering this question.  Please. Thank yOu.

What are your goals in graduate school? Why are you trying to obtain an MSW?  What are your life goals? What resources (faculty, research centers, internships, field placement) does the school you're applying to have that will help you to reach your goals? It's all speculative and definitive at the same time. It's simply asking how the program will fit your career plans. If you can answer the four questions above, then you have an answer to the two questions you posed.

What about this question...

Briefly discuss learning objectives with regard to cross-cultural training, clinical/administrative emphasis in the concentration year and preferred target population/concentration.

What about this question...

Briefly discuss learning objectives with regard to cross-cultural training, clinical/administrative emphasis in the concentration year and preferred target population/concentration.

Essentially this question is asking for you to specifically discuss what your objectives (plans or intentions) in the concentration that you choose and to discuss how that concentration will help you to reach your target population. It's a very involved sentence, but here is an example of an answer they are looking for:

I want to learn why homosexual African American men are more at risk for contracting HIV than any other demographic. In the clinical concentration of your social work program, I will be able to have a higher sense of consciousness and can create a culturally responsive approach to remedy the negative effects of this problem.

The example above is a very trite and unsophisticated way to answer this question. It's not thoughtful, and I drafted it off the top of my head.

You want to (1) explain what you're aiming to do in the field of social work, (2) explain how training in the clinical and/or administrative concentration will help you reach your goals, and (3) name a population or concentration of people that you're looking to work with and improve their lives. Make sure you think about this issue complexly and thoroughly explain how this school's concentration will provide you with the training and knowledge to reach these populations and attain your goals.