Panic re: "Incomplete Application"

dworkable

One of my top-choice schools has a different status check portal than application portal. On my application portal, my status reads as complete, and I have an email stating the confirmation of my completed application.

BUT I just created the status-check-portal and there it shows that my application is incomplete, with a missing letter of recommendation. I know that this letter of recommendation was submitted on Dec 5th, and I have a confirmation email from the school stating so. I just emailed the graduate office but I am still panicking: it would be heartbreaking if my application was not reviewed because of some clerical or internet error.

I haz the sads.

Edited by dworkable

Please calm yourself down and breath deeply. This happens all the time and is NOT a problem. As you said, you already have confirmation from the school they received the letter so you're fine (Also, your file will still be reviewed even if it was missing one letter). Of course, it doesn't hurt to follow up with the graduate office (as I am sure you won't fully relax until they say everything is fine), but don't worry about this, it's not a big deal, and certainly not a deal breaker (even if the letter were to be missing). Cheers,

One experienced LOR writer for me told me that they are very used to issues with late LORs etc. and such problems. Don't worry, it's really not a big deal, but I also understand your worry as one wants everything to be in order. You've already contacted the grad office, so it's all good once the letter was previously submitted and this was confirmed to you, you won't miss out because of some system hitch that may effect many applications.

This happened to me at Michigan, but after talking to one of my Rec's they said it's super common and not to worry about it if you received the standard upload confirmation e-mails.  In Michigan's case they had the letters, but the program had not retrieved them yet.  So don't worry, I doubt there's an issue.  

Are you referring to a Michigan app? I had the same problem and called the department about a week ago. They said they are experiencing problems with the "status check" site, and received a lot of complaint calls from applications. As long as you have the confirmation email, they said you should be fine. 

Are you referring to a Michigan app? I had the same problem and called the department about a week ago. They said they are experiencing problems with the "status check" site, and received a lot of complaint calls from applications. As long as you have the confirmation email, they said you should be fine. 

I emailed the political science department at Michigan directly, and they assured me that they have all of my material even though the Wolverine-access website still listed it as "incomplete".

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me at Michigan, but after talking to one of my Rec's they said it's super common and not to worry about it if you received the standard upload confirmation e-mails.  In Michigan's case they had the letters, but the program had not retrieved them yet.  So don't worry, I doubt there's an issue.  

The same here. I should have seen this post earlier. I just sent an email to the professor in the admission comittee to confirm whether they are reviewing my staff. Hopefully we are in good shape.