FASFA

PsychGirl1

I am currently a graduate student in a master's program and graduating in June. I just received an email to update my FASFA for next year, but I am applying to PhD programs and not sure what school I will be going to or what the exact financial situation will be. I know that state/federal deadlines give me plenty of time, but I believe colleges often have much earlier deadlines (like March or April).

Does anyone know how this works in this situation?

Thank you! I appreciate the help :-)

I'd just send it to all the programs you're applying to or have heard from. As for knowing your financial situation, most of it is just listing your income, taxes and what money you have now, right? So, I'd just put the current info in and estimate what your financial situation will likely be when it comes to next year's expected income. 

(This may not be helpful because it's been a looong time since I've filled out a FAFSA, but I'm doing one this year and plan to follow my own advice.)