Bridgewater and Salem State

Miss Mags

Hi everyone,

My first post here though I have been a lurker for quite awhile! I am applying to Bridgewater State and Salem state universities for their MSW programs.  I am waiting now to hear back from BSU and just have to submit one more thing for SSU. I'm really nervous already!  Anyone familar with these programs? I'm not really sure how long I should expect to wait for a decision. Is there an average time frame for most schools to make a decision?

I've come here many times for advice during this crazy application process and wanted to finally introduce myself! Hey!

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for as far as stats go but my GPA is 3.1 but my last 60 credits have been about 3.3. My current school gpa is 3.77. I tranfered from a school that really made you work hard for your grade in my psych program...which is why my over all gpa is low.  No gre since my gpa was over the 3.0 mark so the schools did not require it.  I have 3 great LOR. I am a psych major. Was a research assistant for a neuropsych lab and head undergrad research assistant for our social developement psych lab.  Co-authored a paper that will be presented as a poster at a conference. I also have 5 years teaching experience with children and adults some of which will mental illnesses and disabilities.  Secretary of a club and was previously a team captain of a intercollgiate team at my other school in NC.

I am not originally from FL and cant not wait to move!I have lived in ga,nc,wv and  I have always wanted to live in the NE and figured grad school would be a great time to try that out. The out of state tuition for both of those schools are very fair compared to most schools. I didn't want to take on too much of a debt burden for my masters!  Everyone I spoke to that has known those schools as nothing but wonderful things to say about them. Most importantly that are cswe accrediated and they both have the clinical/mental health programs I was looking for.

Thoughts?

Edited by Miss Mags