Question for those who have heard back from CIPA

Miskina

I saw in the results board that someone got accepted to the Cornell Institute for Public Affairs last Thursday. First, I wanna say CONGRATS to that person :), and second, if you see this thread, please post below because I have questions! Same thing for anyone who has heard back from CIPA. I read somewhere that they make decisions within three weeks, so I would like to know if it's true (if so, I could expect to hear something THIS WEEK!!). Thank you!

They DO get back within three weeks! I was also skeptical that that was really the case, but I did hear back within three weeks. I was accepted in December. Excited! I'm still waiting on the official letter, so hopefully I'll have more info then!

Congrats :) I actually got my REJECTION letter yesterday.  :(  May I ask you guys what your backgrounds are? If I don't get in any program this year, I'll re-apply next year!

Sure but keep in mind, this is just an updated profile from what I had posted in the "Am I competitive" thread. My numbers aren't competitive at all and compared to a lot of people in this forum, my work experience and study abroad isn't that phenomenal or interesting (have you seen how many Fulbrighters are on this thread? Dang). My SOP and my letters of recommendation were probably what helped me out the most in terms of an acceptance and scholarship money.

Undergraduate GPA: 3.3
Study Abroad: work/study year in Egypt, two research projects in China and Japan
GRE Quantitative Score: 590 (after retake)
GRE Verbal Score: 690 (after retake)
GRE AW Score: 5.0

Relevant Work Experience:
Undergrad: One year teaching ESL to refugees in Egypt [NGO], internship with IOM [unpaid], Arabic tutor and Economics Research Assistant
Postgrad: Americorps, One year as a legal assistant with JAG (military law), 6 months with Red Cross (now 10 months), and currently volunteering with a refugee agency during the weekends

Languages: Tagalog [native speaker], Ilocano [native speaker], Arabic [intermediate-advanced], Japanese [intermediate], Farsi [beginner], Pashto [beginner]

Quant: Intro Stats ©, Intermediate Stats (A-), Quantitative Research Methods (A-), Macro (A), Micro (A)