Power and VLSI concentration

SoonToBeFamous

G'day,

A brief background: I am from Australia, have a honors 2A degree in Electrical & Electronics from Adelaide University(fairly well known in oz), been working for two years as an electrical engineer(oil and gas/Mining).

Now my problem is I am not really happy as an engineer. I have always wanted to work as an electronics engineer preferably with intel,ti or qualcomm such companies. So I am looking at a masters program that will allow me to pick two areas of specialization, both power engineering and vlsi/micro-electronics. The reason being if I fail to secure a job in USA as an electronics engineer I can still use the power background back in australia. Also my first preference is west coast then east coast. 

Is this possible? 

Cheers

west coast is better than east coast, in terms of VLSI. most major companies are here, from seattle to bay area to san diego. UW (intel is close by, and MS or Boeing), Stanford, Berkeley (silicon valley connections), UCLA(close with BRCM), UCSD (really close with QCM). are schools with good programs. but tough to get in; OSU, UC-Irvine, UCSB are also decent. however, often times PhD will be needed esp u want to do exciting projects, or R&D-oriented work.

west coast is better than east coast, in terms of VLSI. most major companies are here, from seattle to bay area to san diego. UW (intel is close by, and MS or Boeing), Stanford, Berkeley (silicon valley connections), UCLA(close with BRCM), UCSD (really close with QCM). are schools with good programs. but tough to get in; OSU, UC-Irvine, UCSB are also decent. however, often times PhD will be needed esp u want to do exciting projects, or R&D-oriented work.

But which uni allows power and vlsi as specialization? I can't seem to find one! Also isn't masters enough to get into intel or boeing or qualcomm!!