Inform school of class schedule change?

RubyBright

When I submitted my applications, my transcripts included my in progress classes for the spring semester. Since submitting the apps, I changed one of my elective classes. The class I dropped was completely unrelated to my field, and I actually replaced it with a class that is in my application field. Do you think I need to inform my schools of this?

That one class isn't going to make or break a decision. Sorry. Just wait it out and have faith in your application.

Actually, I'm not worried about the new class - I was more worried about them getting my final transcripts if they admit me and wondering what happened to the old one, even though it was unrelated. Silly, I know.  :unsure:

I only think this would make a difference if it was a course that was a prerequisite for the department, or if it was directly applicable to the research that they are admitting you for. Nobody will care, or even notice that you dropped Underwater Basket Weaving.