When will we be hearing from USC?

muro0901

Oh yeah, forgot the GRE scores because I was about to go to work when I wrote my last post. Those are kinda important, aren't they? Haha.

Verbal: 161

Quantitive: 154

Analytical Writing: 5.0

And everything came in one big packet.

And thanks for the link ZacharyObama!

Edited by reckoner315

Oh yeah, forgot the GRE scores because I was about to go to work when I wrote my last post. Those are kinda important, aren't they? Haha.

Verbal: 161

Quantitive: 154

Analytical Writing: 5.0

And everything came in one big packet.

And thanks for the link ZacharyObama!

This is a super unnecessary post, but I wanted to say that those are the exact same scores I got, in every category. I've never seen the exact numbers before! I'm still waiting on my notification, so I guess i'll see. I'm going to go ahead and take your acceptance as a good sign (even though I know it doesn’t really work that way.) :P

Yes I believe it does. As you can see from your statment it has the choice to accept your admission offer, and if you click on yes an addition blurb pops up on the bottom asking you to whether the information you provided that led to your admission to USC was accurate. You're in. My online status changed Monday and I recieved my decison via mail on Thursday.

Yes I believe it does. As you can see from your statment it has the choice to accept your admission offer, and if you click on yes an addition blurb pops up on the bottom asking you to whether the information you provided that led to your admission to USC was accurate. You're in. My online status changed Monday and I recieved my decison via mail on Thursday.

Thx !!! :)  I'll be patient waiting for the notification......

People who are still waiting: i was finally able to log on to the camel link. This leads me to believe that there might be multiple rounds of admissions or they are approving them as they go. So not being able to log on yet doesnt really mean much. Thats assuming being able to log on means im actually accpeted. Hopefully I didnt jinx it.

Another day without a rejection - who else is still waiting to hear back? My profile is on this page:

I still can't log into camelink. I looked back at some of the previous years and many responses didn't come until the actual end of the month. I also didn't submit my application until Dec. 10th (waiting for a letter writer), they temporarily misplaced my transcripts and found them on January 15th, and I didn't get confirmation that I was ready for review until January 22nd.

If I don't get in this year, I'll apply next year. I don't have the resources to move and USC is accessible via public transit. *Finger-Cross*

I've realized talking about it is better than obsessing about it :wacko:

I heard back a few days ago. Got a letter in the mail box saying I got in! And I received a packet by the side of our house  (too big for the mailbox) giving me 1/2 tuition with the brochure and all that fancy stuff which was awesome. Definitely needed the scholarship I couldn't afford it otherwise.  I had the same issue as above where my app wasn't reviewed till late because of unofficial transcripts, so i dunno.

Also for the camel password being your date, remember the format.  its mmddyy, not mmddyyyy.

my stats weren't marvelous by any means

3.4gpa

GRE: V/158 Q/151 W/4.0

Work exp: Wasn't great either: had two big internships as a newspaper photojournalist and one research internship

Does anyone know about any additional funding sources from USC like graduate assistantships? I haven't been able to find much out online. I received a 1/2 tuition scholarship but when you take into account high housing and living costs in the LA area it may lead to lots of loans. USC is where I want to be but I need to be able to make it work without accumulating too much debt. 

Does anyone know about any additional funding sources from USC like graduate assistantships? I haven't been able to find much out online. I received a 1/2 tuition scholarship but when you take into account high housing and living costs in the LA area it may lead to lots of loans. USC is where I want to be but I need to be able to make it work without accumulating too much debt. 

This may be super obvious to everyone but me, but I almost forgot to fill out a FAFSA. I'm honestly not totally clear on what it does and who its for, but you might want to look into that. (Again, that may be a super dumb suggestion. For the sake of honestly my parents paid for my undergrad and i'm a bit clueless when it comes to paying for my own school). I'm also filling out something called "California dream". Other than those meager suggestions, I got nothing. I'm very interested in this as well, because I haven't heard anything about funding yet. Do you guys think all those awards have been given out already or will there be more? I'm not sure if they were just given to the people who heard back first.

Just for my own peace of mind...everyone who was able to log on the Camel WAS accepted right? I'm still convinced i've really been rejected and they are just messing with me. How soon after being able to log on did you all receive your decisions?

Yeah I am days away from submitting my FAFSA. I am assuming that I will receive some federal aid and maybe even some USC need based aid. I just hope that I have the opportunity for some other funding options like a GA position. 

I received my acceptance package 4 days after I was able to log on to the system. 

Hey,

I got an acceptance letter today. It is also dated Feb. 16th, but was mailed on the 20th. No packet from the department though. I hope I get something from them, even if they dont make a funding offer. If people who receive funding decide to go elsewhere are those funds redistributed, or do they just evaporate?

Also, is the Dean's scholarship the only chance at getting some kind of aid? I really like USC but i'm having a very hard time swallowing the super high tuition when I have other funding offers. Sorry for all the questions.

Were you guys guided through the admissions process by an enrollment advisor or did you apply by yourself?

I kinda just went at it on my own. The online application isnt super complicated. I think it would be more helpful to have someone look over your statement of purpose if you had to pick one.

how does this "begging for more aid" process go about? can you really ask for more and have a chance at getting it?

Couldn't hurt to try.

And still haven't heard anything from USC - too many different scenarios going through my head :blink:

I was accepted last month, the letter's date was 2/11/2013. I received a Dean's merit scholarship with a full tuition award, so I was pretty excited because I really didn't know where I stood in terms of admissions competitiveness. I changed my focus pretty drastically since undergrad and don't really have work experience in my field of interest (transportation and land use policy), so I relied pretty heavily on my blog to convey my interest and aptitude. And my writing ability for that matter, cause my Analytical Writing score on the GRE was pretty bad.

Undergrad: University of Washington

Major: Biochemistry

GPA: 3.70 (although grades from Running Start drag this way down--looks like they rightly chose to ignore those grades because they're now 10+ years old)

GRE: VR: 168, QR: 162, AW: 4.0

Experience: As far as field-specific, just my blog, but I've worked in tuberculosis research for the past 3 years and had a few other lab jobs before that, and worked at Comcast as a cable technician and at UPS as a loader/sorter/supervisor before that. All over the place.

Still waiting to hear from UW about acceptance/aid to make my final decision, but I'll be at the March 28 event regardless, because USC looks like it may be the best fit for my interests.

Good luck to everyone.